Unleash the power of AI for your small business
Learn to leverage AI and ChatGPT to improve your day-to-day operations.
As both a founder and small business owner, I’ve seen firsthand how today’s rapidly evolving business landscape calls for innovative ways to gain a competitive edge. Artificial Intelligence (AI) has emerged as a transformative force that offers tremendous potential for businesses of all sizes — as long as we understand how to use it to our advantage. The advent of AI, including and especially the advancements in generative models like GPT-3 and GPT-4, has opened up exciting opportunities for small business owners to harness the power of AI and drive growth.
What is AI?
AI is defined as intelligence or the perception, synthesis, and inference of information by machines rather than humans or other animals. We expect humans and animals to have some level of intelligence, but machines, which are inanimate objects, aren’t supposed to, so their intelligence, which humans program, is artificial and due to our scientific advances.
Some examples of AI include:
- Speech recognition
- Computer vision
- Translation between natural languages
Some AI applications include:
- Advanced web search engines (e.g., Google Search)
- Recommendation systems (used by YouTube, Amazon, and Netflix)
- Understanding human speech (such as Siri and Alexa)
- Self-driving cars
- Generative or creative tools (ChatGPT and AI art)
- Automated decision-making
- Competing at the highest level in strategic game systems (such as chess and Go).
As you can see above, AI has tons of different functional capabilities. One of those, and the focus of this article, is generative AI, which refers to systems capable of generating text, images, video, 3D…